- AI Makes CT Scans Safer and More Informative
Machine learning lets CT scans provide more data using low-dose scans.
- Open-Source AI Bionic Leg Offers a Unified Platform for Prosthetics
Open-source design and programming could accelerate scientific advances by offering a unified platform to fragmented research efforts across the field of prosthetics.
- AI Tool Helps Detect Brain Aneurysms
Project expands use of artificial intelligence in biomedical engineering.
- DC-DC Converter Models Achieve 2xMOPP Medical Approval
Powerbox’s dc-dc converters feature a typical leakage current of 2 µA and 5000-V ac isolation voltage.
- Matching the Adhesive to the Wearable Medical Device
It’s critical that those designing medical-devices know the pros and cons of the wide variety of skin-compatible adhesives available.
- Surface Preparation and Medical Silicone Adhesives
Medical device manufacturers often use silicone adhesives to assemble products such as catheters, pacemakers, cochlear implants, aesthetic implants and gastric balloons.
- Flex’s multi-industry success is by design
For Flex, there isn't a question of what can't they do, but what they will do next. The 50-year-old company began manufacturing electronic products, something it still does today, but has ex …
- Researchers use Magnetic 3D Printing to Make Microrobots
TORONTO—Assembling a microrobot used to require a pair of needle-nosed tweezers, a microscope, steady hands, and at least eight hours. But, now University of Toronto engineering researchers have devel …
- MedTech Report: One in Four Exports From MA is a Medical Device
BOSTON—Nearly one in four exports from Massachusetts is a medical device, making the state No. 1 in the nation in share of exports of medical devices as a percentage of total exports, according to a r …
- What’s New in Leak Testing
Myriad automotive components are checked for leaks, including turbochargers, oil filters and radiators. However, leak testing doesn’t end with the suppliers of those components.
- Positioning Equipment Improves Ergonomics for Medical Device Assembler
Ergonomic upgrades are becoming a vital part of many workplaces, and assembly workstations can be especially challenging. According to data from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, ergo …
- What You Should Know About Curing Lamps
UV-curing adhesives are often the first choice for fast and efficient bonding of components. Able to cure within seconds, these adhesives allow high throughputs to be achieved in serial production.
- FDA to Modernize 510(k) Clearance Pathway
The Food and Drug Administration is changing the most common way it approves new low- to moderate-risk medical devices for use in the United States.
- Ensuring Adhesion for Medical Device Assembly
For medical devices such as catheters, syringes, vials, test tubes and injector pens, many manufacturers are turning to plastics that are formulated to resist harsh chemical and environmental conditio …
- Non-Automotive Manufacturing Sectors Flocking to Robotics
ANN ARBOR, MI—Industrial robot orders in 2018 grew 24 percent over the previous year in the life sciences, food and consumer goods, plastics and rubber and electronics industries, according to the Rob …